Coach Ben believes coaching leads to his self-fulfillment. He believes that by helping people daily, he is in turn helping himself be aware of happiness, confidence and accomplishment. He takes every moment as a learning experience, an opportunity for improvement. Coach Ben is a student of the game, both as a mentor and a leader of athletes, but as an athlete himself.
I think the most important aspect to improving your coaching is the act of coaching. Everyone learns and reacts to different coaching styles, and figuring those techniques and styles out is a huge learning tool. I read A LOT, and as such, a large component of furthering my education is seeking out appropriate information sources, whether that be current articles, webinars, training manuals, etc. I always welcome the opportunity to be coached by other professionals, and I pay attention to those with more experience than me in order to adapt that to the way I instruct people.
- Coach at Raleigh CrossFit
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit Kids Certified
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach Certified
- USA Weightlifting Referee Certified
- Team USA Safe Sport Certified
- CrossFit Scaling Course Certified
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- CrossFit Judges Course Certified (2016, 2017)
- Strongman Coaches Development Clinic
- CPR/AED First Aid Certified
- One of my middle fingers is half an inch shorter due to cutting it off when I was 4.
- Would rather read than do most other things.
- Very allergic to cats, but loves them nonetheless.
- Cooked under a James Beard award-winning chef.
“Do it or don’t. It’s amazing how many things in life are that easy.”