Jenni Heinser joins the Raleigh CrossFit coaching team moving from athlete to coach after dedicating herself to not only improving her athleticism, but also her own personal life. Jenni spent a year and half with Raleigh CrossFit as an athlete and while not inside the walls of the gym, she is currently back in the scholastic world, going back to school in order to pursue a career in physical therapy.
Prior to her arrival in Raleigh, Jenni grew up in Miami, Fla, where she honed her tennis skills under the watchful eye of her father. Her skills led her to earn a Division 1 tennis scholarship at the University of San Francisco where she later graduated Summa Cum Laude (GPA of just under 4.0) with a degree in Business Administration. Not only was she a scholar in the classroom, but Jenni also padded her honor belt with several athletic achievements, to include West Coast Conference Newcomer of the Year, 3-time WCC Player of the Year and WCC Female Athlete of the Year. Prior to establishing a memorable collegiate career, she played professionally in the junior circuit, which was highlighted by competing in all four junior Grand Slams, advancing to the quarterfinals in doubles at Wimbledon.
Jenni is not new to the coaching ranks. After graduating from college, she earned her United States Professional Tennis Association Under 10 coaching certification and coached at the San Francisco Tennis Club for 6 months.
When Scott and I moved to Raleigh, we didn’t know anyone here and it was so amazing to feel like I belonged right away. Everyone is so welcoming, positive, and inspiring. Not only does everyone want to better themselves in the gym when they are there, they are doing great things outside of the gym as well. I love that the Raleigh CrossFit community will come together to support initiatives like Barbell for Boobs and helped those during the big Raleigh fire.
I enjoy coaching because I like being around people with similar interests. It’s a fun environment where everyone is there to get in a good workout and get stronger.
I also like helping people, which ties into the biggest aspect of coaching that I enjoy – watching athletes grow and improve. When I give an athlete a cue and it finally clicks for them or when they get a PR they’ve been working hard on, it’s special and such a great feeling. To think I had a small part in it is very rewarding.
- Coach at Raleigh CrossFit
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified, January 2018
- CPR/AED First Aid Certified
- I really enjoy jumping rope and did 3000 single unders unbroken just for fun.
- I love chocolate and have to eat some every day. My favorite chocolate at the moment is Bark Thins – Dark Chocolate with Pumpkin Seeds.
- I’m pretty ambidextrous. I’m right-handed and played tennis as a righty, but I swing a bat and golf lefty. I split jerk with my left foot forward and am goofy footed when snowboarding. Also, when playing corn hole, I toss the bean bag with my left hand.
- I love my fur baby, Ella. Scott and I adopted her when she was two and she’s a German Shepherd mix.
“Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”