Matt began his journey at Raleigh CrossFit as an athlete. He came to us with a personal training background, both at the club level with three previous years in Portland, OR and even more recently as a Master Fitness Trainer in the United States Army National Guard. Along with his leadership and motivational qualities, Matt is known for his smile, humor and ability to help others feel great about their achievements. He is highly motivated to always become a better individual and that exuberance extends to the athletes he coaches.
Matt is from Elkin, NC and joined the United States Army when he was 17 years old. He was deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once and as mentioned earlier, is currently active with the Army National Guard.
“I feel very much at home with the Raleigh CrossFit community. Everyone I see, no matter how different their athletic abilities are or personal background, shares the drive to be better. My goal as a coach is to share my enthusiasm for looking at things differently, for seeing more than just one way to achieve excellence. Our community at Raleigh CrossFit excited me as an athlete and now I have the opportunity to help continue its excellence as a coach as well.”
- Coach at Raleigh CrossFit
- CrossFit Level 1 Certificate
- Master Fitness Trainer, United States Army National Guard
- 3 Years as a Personal Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness in Portland, OR
- Competes in various CrossFit competitions, both team and individual.
- I whistle “Eye of the Tiger” when I walk down hallways.
- I have owned more cars than I have shoes.
- I speak in memes and movie quotes too often and too well.
- I believe comfort zones are boring.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” –