I love the Raleigh CrossFit community. When I moved to Raleigh two years ago, this was the first place where I felt like I belonged and that gave me a sense that Raleigh could be home. The fitness is fun, but it’s the community that keeps me coming day in and day out. As a coach, my goal is to foster an environment of camaraderie and community. I want people to feel welcomed, encouraged, and motivated. With those fundamentals in place, I hope that I can help athletes push themselves and test themselves to find new limits. My own love for CrossFit stems from how empowering it has been for me. I look forward to being there, and being part of, athletes’ PRs. A PR is so much more than hitting a movement for the first time, or adding weight to a barbell – it is a feeling of mental, emotional, and physical strength. I’m looking forward to the role I may play in others’ achievements.
Molly and her husband Chris live in Raleigh with their dog Murphy.
- Coach at Raleigh CrossFit
- CrossFit Level 1 Certificate
- CrossFit Judges Course Certified, 2018
- CPR/AED Certified
- A couple years ago my Dad and I signed up for a half marathon one Friday night and ran it the next morning. I’ve run two other half marathons and a number of 10ks, 8ks, and 5ks.
- Master’s in Social Work from UNC
- When I was 18 I won a limbo contest a couple weeks after I had my appendix taken out.
- My favorite food is cereal.
- I was offered a full ride to play soccer as a graduate student at Western Carolina but turned it down for a year of AmeriCorps.
“Nevertheless she persisted.”