After three years as a Raleigh CrossFit athlete, Ryan is transitioning into a coaching role. His athletic and coaching experience extends beyond CrossFit. Ryan was a collegiate cheerleader at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, as well as a cheerleading instructor for three years. When he isn’t training hard at Raleigh CrossFit, playing kickball, volleyball or trying out for game shows, Ryan spends his days as a manager supporting the collegiate recruiting program for Cisco.
Ryan is from Catawba, NC and graduated from UNC in 2012 with a degree in journalism and mass communications.
I’m excited to begin a new journey as a coach at Raleigh CrossFit. I’m looking forward to sharing what I learned as an athlete, to guide others positively and further their CrossFit experience with our community. Coaching is something I am passionate about. I love seeing people get better, and being that encouragement and resource to support their goals.
- Level 1 CrossFit Certification, January 2018
- CrossFit Judges Course Certified (2018)
- CPR/AED Certified
- Competitive CrossFitter
- Over three years of CrossFit training experience
- I played basketball with Michael Jordan’s son, and MJ watched me play.
- I have made it to the finals of four different tv game shows, but never made it on a show.
- One of my favorite foods is hushpuppies with tartar sauce.
- I only eat cooked fish. Nothing raw.
“Choose people who will lift you up. Find people who will make you better.” – Michelle Obama