- If you have never done CrossFit before, participate in a free trial class and then complete our foundations course (details below).
- If you have never done CrossFit before, but want to forgo the free trial and get started right away, complete our foundations course.
- If you have done CrossFit with another affiliate and have completed their new athlete instructional course, schedule an athlete assessment with us.
Each person must complete our foundations course if you do not have prior CrossFit experience. To do so, call us at (919) 229-4075 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the course and to ask for more information.
CrossFit Foundations Course
Our Foundations Course meets twice for 1.5 hours each day and is $185. It is designed for anyone who would like to join one of our group classes. Whether you have been sedentary, generally active, or an elite athlete, the foundations course is tailored to prepare you for technical proficiency that is a required learning opportunity for our CrossFit group classes.
During this time you will be introduced to our movement curriculum, learn about nutrition our programming, our community and all of the proper movements required for the Olympic lifts, power lifts, gymnastic skills, metabolic conditioning, and journal tracking. Proper technique will be taught along with a progressive introduction to each movement that you will see in our group classes.
Movements Learned in Foundations
- Presses (strict, push, push jerk)
- Squats (overhead, front, back, air squats)
- Deadlift (clean deadlift, sumo deadlift)
- Olympic Lifts (Snatch and Clean and Jerk)
- Additional movements: Kettlebell swings, push-ups, situps, rope skip
Our foundations course will ensure that you have a solid understanding of all that we do at Raleigh CrossFit, as well as prepare you for what to expect within our group classes. We keep this course to no greater than a 1:2 coach to athlete ratio in order to give you the most attention possible. Therefore, the courses do fill up quickly. If you are ready to get started and sign up for foundations, please contact us at (919) 229-4075 or via email at email@example.com.
Our Foundations Course is typically Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 600-730p, but a reservation is required to participate.
If the above days and times don’t work for you, please reach out to us with your availability and we will do our best to get you scheduled.
What happens when you complete the course?
When you have successfully completed the foundations course, you will advance to participate in our group classes. Each day every class completes the same workout of the day (WOD) so you will have plenty of options for classes that work around your schedule.
Raleigh CrossFit is the best fitness program around, and the community at Raleigh CrossFit will have you feeling right at home. The optimal programming at Raleigh CrossFit involves 4-6 days a week of training, which allows the most variance of your training. However, we do realize that people need other options so you can enter:
3 days per week of CrossFit training — or — Unlimited classes per month.
Click here to read more about our membership options.