Raleigh CrossFit always steps up its game when it comes to community events, whether it’s volunteer work, fundraising or just dropping off used items to help others.
On Aug. 6, 2016 we once again brought a positive light to a difficult situation when honoring our nation’s heroes who gave all. Our team at Raleigh CrossFit raised $1, 499, all of which was donated to 31 Heroes.
“To raise money and awareness through social and athletic events to support the families of Extortion 17 and honor their legacy by funding the treatment of TBI/PTSD.”
We have many current and former military servicemen and servicewomen train alongside you each day. Thank you for your service.
So what’s coming up?
- Shoe Collection: We currently are collecting used shoes of all types and sizes. Empty your closets and bring them to us. We will ship them off. The World Wear Project will donate money to Help One Now for every pound of shoes we donate to them. So, win win for everyone. You get to clean out your closet and help others and Help One Now is also able to help others. Solid!
- Raleigh CrossFit Takes on Bubble Ball
What it is: Indoor soccer, but with a twist… you will be in a bubble! We have reserved 10 bubbles. Get your Raleigh CrossFit friends together to bounce, flip, laugh and roll like never before. We can have 16-24 players… and guess what?! This is free to you. We want you to take your training outside of the box! Have some fun on us!
Video of Bubble Ball
Triangle Bubble Ball
When it is: Saturday, Sept. 17, 200-300p
How to Sign Up: Follow this link
Where it is: Held at an indoor facility in Northwest Raleigh: D1 Training Center, just past the Angus Barn.
SAVE THE DATE!
2016 Barbells for Boobs – Pretty In Pink!
This is our event Raleigh CrossFit… you know, the one you look forward to each year! We stepped it up a notch.
Did you know that 2016 marked the 30th anniversary of the movie “Pretty in Pink”? Well, in honor of that, we thought we would throw a party! And what better way to show our true pink colors than with Barbells For Boobs – 30 Clean and Jerks For Time!
This year we are also doing some new things.
1. Still in costume, but themed for “Pretty in Pink”, 80’s or movie-inspired.
2. We will have a DJ!!
3. The event is on a Friday evening. Not too late that you can’t make a night of it with your special date, but earlier enough that you can come from work, change into costume and bust out 30 reps for time.
4. Prizes, games, dancing, a punch bowl… Let’s have fun!
We hope you can join us! Fundraising information is soon to follow, but please put this special event on your calendar. REMEMBER, last year we finished 1st in the state of North Carolina for fundraising efforts. Let’s repeat that distinction!