As you will notice, there will be an additional section for training posted on the whiteboard and on Train Heroic.
This week begins the new option for all athletes at Raleigh CrossFit to participate in. On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday there will be a “Performance” piece at the end of each workout. This is entirely optional. The piece will be completed after all other pieces of the workout are done. Continue reading for more information about this change.
Each Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday there will be a “Coaches Choice” stretching session if time permits, in addition to the listed coach-led accessory work.
Note: You can work on skill work most times, being respectful of available space in either room and of any events taking place that take precedence. Full-on conditioning pieces should be done during open gym hours M-F 1030-1130a, Sunday 830-1000a or by request submitted to Chennelle at email@example.com.
Note: ALL WORKOUTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE SO BE SURE TO CHECK DAILY! THE TRAINING WILL BE POSTED 1 WEEK IN ADVANCE AND CAN BE ACCESSED ON THE WEBSITE OR TRAIN HEROIC BY SELECTING THE DATE YOU WISH TO VIEW. NO CHERRY PICKING! SHOW UP and #RISEUP!
Questions you may have.
- Can I do the “performance” option?
- It depends on the requirement. Newer athletes who are not experienced with a movement, (For example a snatch or handstand push-up) should seek guidance from a coach before completing the performance/extra work.
- What if I don’t do it?
- You don’t have to.
- Why are you programming this?
- This is intended to add a bit “extra” for those that wish to add some additional work to their training from time to time. It is also a great opportunity to improve on skills. The additional training is perfect for those who wish to participate in competitions, such as Festival Games, War of the WODs, etc. as it will be designed with the competitor in mind. However, you do not have to be a “competitor” to participate. This is however, something you should do if you want to get better and enter competitions at some point.
- When will the workouts be posted?
- The workouts will post 1 week ahead of time for that week. The workouts are subject to change so always check daily.
- What will the work be like?
- The volume will be greater, the movements harder and more technique driven.
- Will there be a coach available for guidance?
- Most of the time a coach will be available. However, they will only have a 10 minute window. Therefore you must begin the work immediately after the training that day.
- How long will it take?
- The “performance/extra” work will go beyond the 1 hour session of a class and may take 10-30 extra minutes of time.
- Will this be considered overtraining?
- It is if you are fatigued from several consecutive days of training. Listen to your body. If you feel a tweak, something is tight or just doesn’t feel right, do not continue. This is always the case, but if you are new to adding additional work to your training, my suggestion is to not do this every time until you have built up the strength and conditioning side of it. Perhaps do 1-2 sessions per week for the first month, then add in a 3rd or 4th session after that.
- What if I don’t want to do what is listed as extra work?
- This is what is posted, so that is what you are doing :)
- What if I can’t do what is posted?
- You can work on progressions. Again, the “extra” work is intended to help you get better, not defeat your purpose or progress. Safety is important so going rogue on something isn’t advised. You are here at Raleigh CrossFit because you want to be coached and see guidance and feedback.
- Again, Why?
- This is a great opportunity to spend additional time with your fellow athletes. I encourage you to get to know them as having a support system is a HUGE benefit to improving your overall training. But this is NOT a social hour. Stay focused and stay driven. Help one another RISE UP!
- I still am not sure about this, what do I do?
- Email Chennelle at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions or chat with a coach before class. Do your homework on the “extra” work so you know what to ask.
Reminder, the new lifting cycle begins next Monday, Jan. 30.
Have an awesome week!