Caroline began CrossFit in 2008, while working out with her rugby team. After spending countless hours in physical therapy and shedding many tears at a local gym trying to rehab her knee back to 100%, she decided to try out CrossFit with her rugby team and fell in love. The functional movements, instead of the machines were just what she needed to get back to playing competitive rugby.
Just one year late, in 2009, Caroline placed 3rd in the CrossFit Midwest Region to advance to the CrossFit Games at the ranch in Aromas, CA, where she took 2nd place in the deadlift event and 57th overall. Following that successful CrossFit season, Caroline returned to lead her Rugby team to Nationals.
In 2010, she started coaching CrossFit and fell in love, as she was able to help people realize their potential.
Caroline is married to Bill, whom she met playing rugby. Together, they have two kids, Hattie (4) and Hackney (almost 2).
I have been a part of CrossFit for a very long time, and what I truly love is the community and the support system of it. When I am working with an athlete, the best thing to see is when something clicks. Sometimes you give a different cue than what they have heard before and it just helps them figure out what to do. I truly enjoy seeing athletes succeed and being a part of that journey for them.
- Level 1 CrossFit Certification June 2010
- USAW Sports Performance Coach
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified
- CrossFit Judges Course (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Team USA Safe Sport Certified
- CPR/AED Certified
- Individual Competitor at the 2009 CrossFit Games (finished 57th, took 2nd place in the deadlift event)
- 3rd place individual, CrossFit Midwest Regionals 2009
- 4th place finish at 2009 Carolina Fitness Challenge
- 3rd place team finish 2013 Carolina Clash
- 2003 & 2004 U-23 National 7’s rugby team
- 2005 Div. II Women’s rugby National Champions
- 2009 Div. II Women’s rugby 4th Place
- 1st sprint triathlon April 2016
- I don’t enjoy it, but I have to kill the spiders and bugs in my house
- Love baking!!! 16 layer chocolate cake is Bill’s favorite
- Up for new adventures and sports and I am looking forward to be competitive with something in 20 years…tennis?
- Also known as “Brick”, a nickname created from my maiden name of “Brickhouse.”
“Tough times never last but tough people do.”