After over 5 years as a CrossFit and Olympic weightlifting athlete, Lauren is looking forward to adding “coach/athlete” to her resumé. She is from Greenville, SC, but her career within human resources has taken her to the West Coast and back.
When she first began CrossFit circa 2012, Lauren used her experiences from several years of competitive horseback riding and running road races to propel her fitness to new levels.
Lauren has worked with several of the nation’s top weightlifting coaches, including John Coffee, formerly of Coffee’s Gym in Marrieta, GA. Coffee was known for being one the leaders in women’s weightlifting, owning the record for most women’s titles, 19, which is second all-time overall (Men’s and Women’s). She also attended Bob Takano’s Olympic Weightlifting course. Takano is a member of the USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame.
Not to be outdone athletically, Lauren has a Masters Degree and PHR in Human Resources. Formerly the Human Resource Specialist for LC Industries in RTP, one of the nation’s largest employers of the blind, Lauren is currently the HR/Recruiter for Centerline Digital, a Digital Marketing agency in Downtown Raleigh.
“I am excited to learn to be the best coach that I can be and to help people become the best versions of themselves. People know me to be full of energy and positivity. I want that to carry over into a coaching role. I love getting people excited about pushing themselves (safely) in a workout and being an encouraging presence.”
- Level 1 CrossFit Certification, April 2018
- CrossFit Judges Course Certified (2018)
- CPR/AED Certified
- Competitive CrossFitter
- Over five years of CrossFit and Olympic lifting training experience, including under the tutelage of John Coffee.
- Max and I were to be hitched at Fripp Island, SC but hurricane Matthew decided to come along and evacuate us. We still got married just somewhere else.
- I can eat more than most grown, large men.. I’m always hungry.
- I love oldies music.. like the real oldies, not classic rock- but I like that too.
- I’ve never had a cavity.. in almost 34 yrs of life. :)
“Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.”