Tim began his CrossFit career in 2012 and has been an athlete with Raleigh CrossFit since Jan.1, 2019. His athletic career expands beyond the barbell however. His endurance and agility were founded by several years as a cross country runner and track and field athlete, as well as on the slopes as a downhill slalom skier. He has competed in five CrossFit Opens and several local CrossFit competitions, highlighted by his August 2019 third place finish at the Sua Sponte Slam co-ed team competition.
Originally from Corning, NY, Tim graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in Policy Studies and Geography. When he isn’t coaching or working on his fitness, Tim is a software designer for PeopleFluent.
“I invest heavily in things that are important to me. That means I’ve spent a lot of time and effort over the past several years reading and learning about the sport of CrossFit. I am excited to lend this knowledge to Raleigh CrossFit in this new capacity. My immediate goal as a coach is to develop the foundational skill of spotting faults and have the tools, knowledge, and ability to correct those faults. My deeper goal, the one that will take many months to evolve, is to go beyond the movements and connect with our athletes. I want to develop an awareness of their potential, build trust and create an atmosphere of success. This community has afforded me the opportunity to become invested in personal growth and in the growth of Raleigh CrossFit overall and I am thankful, grateful and humble.”
“Tim immediately demonstrated to me his commitment to being the best in all areas of his life. In our first conversations he shared with me his passion for learning, for being a positive role model, not just in his words, but in his actions. To me, these are important attributes for being a coach on our team and with our community at Raleigh CrossFit.”
— Chennelle, Owner of Raleigh CrossFit
- Level 1 CrossFit Certification, July 2019
- Coach Kids certificate
- CrossFit Judges Course, 2018, 2019
- CrossFit Scaling Course, 2020
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
- I’ve worked at several wineries on the East Coast and passed the Level 1 Sommelier Exam.
- For years, I had a mohawk that I dyed a different color every month. Yes, it was awesome. Yes, I will do it again.
- While at Syracuse, I played clarinet in the pep band so that I could get court-side seats at basketball games.
- I own over 40 pairs of sneakers, most of them Nikes.
“If you’re going through Hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill