I started CrossFit back in May of 2011 and had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had graduated from college a few years before, let my desk job get the best of me, and with a pending wedding I needed to get back in the shape I was before. I talked with Kim and Chennelle and they invited me to come give CrossFit a try, little did I know my first workout was going to be “The Grappler”. After walking funny for a week, I decided that this was exactly what I needed to get back in shape because it reminded me of the strength and conditioning work I used to do for basketball. CrossFit quickly filled the void that basketball had left and I found myself researching and learning as much as I could. Eventually Kim and Chennelle talked me into coaching at Raleigh CrossFit and I love every minute of it.
Zach and his wife Kara, who also trains at Raleigh CrossFit, share a home in Raleigh with their sweet bulldog.
- Coach at Raleigh CrossFit
- CrossFit Level 1 Certificate
- CrossFit Scaling Course Certified
- CrossFit Judges Course Certified (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- USA Powerlifting Certified Club Coach
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- Outlaw Coach Training Camp
- Glenn Pendlay Level 1 and Level 2 Seminar Completion
- CPR/AED First AID Certified
- I am very OCD about most things but I just like to think of it as being “particular” or “paying attention to detail”.
- I’ve run the Outer Banks Half Marathon.
- I work for the largest privately held software company in the world.
“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses – only results.”